What else is there?
Since it’s inception in 2007, we have offered:
- Two year intensive GCSE Latin courses taken in years 9 and 10.
- Annual residential course combining Acedemic exploration with outdoor challenge.
- One day conferences for students on Leadership and Global issues.
- An annual enterprise project held over four weeks, where cross-sector teams design and pitch a York-based sustainable business idea.
- Conferences on ‘getting to the top’ – i.e. to top universities and into high status professions, supported by the Universities of York and Oxford and their alumni.
- Opportunities for extended academic study – Russian, Latin to GCSE level and Thinking Skills at A level.
- A field trip for 24 students who visited Berlin to study issues around the fall of the Wall – funded by the Imperial War Museum.
- An extended collaboration on national identity: two schools in York and a gymnasium in Germany.
- A significant project between York students and students in Ekaterinberg, Russia.